Requirements Software Compliance for Banking and Finance
Visure Requirements for Banking and Finance
Online banking makes software an essential piece in the relationship with your customers. Security, performance and reliability play an extremely important role to build confidence and a long-term relationship.
New challenges in the development of their software are:
- Increasing amount of in-house systems which sometimes overlap or are redundant.
- Stakeholders are distributed worldwide and represent different cultures and interests. This makes existingrequirements capture and gathering techniques obsolete.
- The huge number and tight interrelation between the systems leads to projects affecting several releases, and releases affected by several projects in parallel. In this multidimensional approach, it is a big challenge to be able to perform full impact analysis and estimations of the projects, while keeping specification documents consistent, complete and updated. Extracting metrics of a specific project, or a specific system becomes a tedious and manual process, which is extremely time-consuming and error-prone.
- Companies are shifting to more agile development processes, while complying with process improvement standards such as CMMI, ISO 9001 or others.
- Graphical support for different process improvement standards such as CMMI as well as methodologies such as waterfall, v-models, ad-hoc, or hybrid.
- Support for both project- and release-driven approaches while sharing requirements across projects to better support team collaboration, complete impact analysis and report generation of project metrics and full product specifications.
- Keep track of changes through built-in configuration management capabilities.
- Keep control of the approval and review process through workflow capabilities and baseline signature.
- Validation of requirements earlier in the lifecycle through web publishing of prototypes surpassing cultural barrier.
- Support for different elicitation techniques, including use cases.
- Integration of the requirements with the Project Management Office (PMO), and their tools i.e. HP PPM, OTRS, etc. through open Java and COM APIs, to streamline the requirements project management.
- Reduce cost through requirements reuse.
- Automatically flag poor quality requirements with ambiguity or inconsistencies through semantic analysis.
- Implement a test management process directly in Visure Requirements, or through the integration with third party products i.e. HP ALM.
- Integrate requirements with the design through the Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect bridge.