Visure Requirements Tool – System Requirements
Visure Requirements Repositories
VR repositories are created on commercial databases. The following ones are currently supported:
- Microsoft SQL Server: 2005, 2008, 2012
- ORACLE: 10, 11, or
- Microsoft Access: 2007, 2010 (not supported for production environments)
Visure Requirements Client
- Processor: Pentium
- Hard Disk Drive: 16 GB minimum free space
- RAM Memory: 1 GB is the minimum free required (2 GB of free memory recommended). For large repositories, 2 GB is the minimum required.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003: 32 and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008: 32 and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7: 32 and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8: 32 and 64-bit
Note: it is necessary to log in the system with Administration rights to successfully install the product. In Windows 7 and Windows 8 the installer must be executed using the option «Run as administrator» (right click on the installer and select this option).
Supported ODBC Drivers
Depending on the database engine selected to store the VR repository, the corresponding supported ODBC driver version is required (only 32-bit ODBC drivers are supported):
|Version||ODBC Supported drivers|
|Microsoft SQL Server||2005||SQL Native Client 9.0|
|2008||SQL Native Client 10.0|
|2012||SQL Native Client 11.0|
Driver versions with known issues that may cause malfunctions in VR:
10.1.0.X (all versions with X < 31)
188.8.131.52 (in Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8 64-bit)
|Microsoft Access||2007||Microsoft Access Driver (6.01.7601.17632)|
|2010||Microsoft Access Driver (6.01.7601.17632)|
Visure Requirements License Server
The License Server must be installed on a Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 (32 or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) or Windows 8 (32 or 64-bit).
1 GB/10 GB LAN between the VR clients and the Visure repository. There must be bidirectional communication via TCP/IP between the License Server and the VR clients. For further details on how to install Visure Requirements, please review the Visure Requirements Installation Guide.
For medium-to-large deployments, a client virtualization solution is recommended. Please contact us to discuss various possibilities.