Requirements Software for Aerospace and Defense Industry
According to Forrester, avionics and defense projects commonly consume 200% of time and budget while delivering only 60% of the required functionality.
- Support of DO-178B/C and DO-254 processes is time consuming and error-prone if done manually.
- Multi-tier relationships between distributed vendors lead to distributed sets of requirements which increases the risk of inconsistencies.
- Long and large-scale projects involving systems of systems requiretraceability to be established and maintained over years.
- Specific teams are required to work on secure networks, disconnected from the internet or corporate LAN, and access to the information needs to be restricted.
- The need to deliver more targeted products in a shorter time to market drives companies to develop software based variants as a cost-efficient solutions.
- SUPPORT OF DO-178B/C and DO-254 PROCESSES
End-to-end traceability between all requirement-related artifacts in one single environment, and through the integration with other tools of the lifecycle.
Requirements for standards such as DO-178B/C and DO-254 are dynamically traced through all stages of development, ensuring that each requirement is mapped to specific code/hardware item that is tested and verified and that all code/hardware items written correlate with project specifications.
Users can tailor the user interface based on their role in the project.
Also, access to the information is controlled for each element individually, allowing different users to work concurrently in the same specification.
- MULTI-TIER COLLABORATION
The support to proven XML based standards for the interchange of requirements i.e. ReqIF and XRI, between different RM tools allows Visure Requirements users to manage the round-trip exchange of information between customers and suppliers.
- RESTRICTED ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION
Visure Requirements allows to define a rigorous access policy even at element level (requirements, test cases, attributes, etc.), indicating who can perform what.
- PRODUCT LINES AND VARIANTS
Visure Requirements provides native reusability support, in which the users can develop a catalogue of requirements and other information which may be reused to create or update variants.
- REQUIREMENTS QUALITY CHECK
The use of Visure Quality Analyzer allows semantic analysis of requirements to identify early in the process poor quality requirements. Thus it is easy to prevent them from getting into the next phases in the lifecycle.
The quality check analyzes requirements individually to find ambiguity, poor readability, excessive volatility among other, and complete specifications for contradictory or overlapping requirements, or inconsistent use of units e.g. meters Vs miles.