Application Lifecycle Management | Complete Guide
Benefits of Implementing Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) | Why is it important?
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of Application Lifecycle Management?
There are many benefits of Application Lifecycle Management for businesses. Some of these benefits include:
- Real-Time Decision Making: Real-time planning and version control allow team leaders to easily map out an application’s future, so organizations can plan effectively using traditional waterfall or agile development projects. inform decisions when implementing interdependent Projects with complex oversight requirements.
- Improved Quality & Compliance: By incorporating people, tools, and processes into one system, ALM can help improve product quality. ALM gives your software development team the tools to create a high-quality application. Source code management and teamwork help to deliver quality results efficiently. Without communication between all parties, this process can be jeopardized, impacting the outcome of the product negatively. To avoid these issues, it is essential that everyone stays in sync during each stage—specifically the plan and create phases—of software development and information technology operations (DevOps).
- Increased Organizational Productivity: ALM helps improve productivity by incorporating frequent testing and adjusting development goals during the software lifecycle. With ALM, teams can start projects with sound methodology and precise estimations in place. Additionally, it provides support for resource planning in project management. Depending on requirements, certain tools become accessible – whether it be traditional waterfall projects or agile development projects.
- Better Testing Practices: ALM provides organizations with the tools they need for end-to-end application development and testing. Clear communication between developers and testers is essential to identify issues quickly and resolve them efficiently. Having a completely automated and secure framework that is tested regularly is vital to a smooth application development process. ALM automation removes integration difficulties by allowing developers to merge their work effortlessly.
- Enhanced Agility: Implementing change is a crucial duty for any organization. To efficiently manage a project’s constantly changing landscape, there must be cohesive communication between software requirements, source code, build scripts, and test cases. Connected tools offer immediate feedback about the impacts of these changes, as well as ways to shorten reaction time. By making end-to-end traceability possible throughout the ALM process businesses can speed up application development or improvement quite significantly. This newfound agility allows organizations to better meet customer or business needs.
- Eased Management Burden: ALM eases the management burden for related products and services by incorporating people, tools, and processes into one system. In order to have a successful website or product, excellent customer service is key. Along with that, ALM provides organizations with the ability to release applications quickly while still making sure customers are happy. This is accomplished by connecting and configuring the right apps.
Don’t forget to share this post!