What is Requirements Traceability?
requirements traceability is the process of tracking requirements throughout the development cycle. During this, a thread of documents is prepared that provides complete bi-directional visibility of all the activities surrounding each requirement. Requirements traceability is considerably helpful in minimizing the potential risk of negative outcomes and maximizing productivity.
Why is end-to-end traceability essential for effective requirements management?
There are various benefits that are provided by requirements traceability. They include:
- It makes impact analysis easier.
- It helps in making changes properly. Hence, improves product quality.
- It also helps define the traceability links in a way that it records the reverse engineering knowledge as well.
- In case a team member with vital knowledge leaves the company, having complete information transparency helps a lot. It majorly reduces the risk of incorrect development.
- It confirms 100% test coverage via an appropriate verification process.
What will you learn in this complete requirements traceability guide?
- How to identify the primary stakeholders and why is it needed to establish a clearly defined business case?
- How to establish full traceability between the grammatical and diagrammatic system representations?
- And what is the difference between the ‘World of Words’ and ‘World of Pictures’?